Below are the steps to make the Optoma MovieTime DV10 Projector region free.
1. Get a hold of "dvdrom.zip" file
2. Create a folder named "OptomaDV10" anyhwhere in your computer
3. Unzip the file "dvdrom.zip" to "OptomaDV10" folder. (There is a file "dvdrom.bin" inside "dvdrom.zip", but this is not an image file)
4. Burn the folder "OptomaDV10" to a CD-R or CD-RW as "Data" and "Finalize" (Do not burn it to a DVD. Do not burn as an "Image" or make it bootable)
5. Place the CD-R or CD-RW inside Optoma MovieTime DV10 Projector when it is turned OFF and leave it
6. Plug in the power cord of the Optoma MovieTime DV10 Projector and Power it ON with the remote
7. You will get a blue colored screen with the following "Smart Update - Upgrade to v2.06CTX-010" with a countdown of 20 (DO NOT DISCONNECT FROM MAINS SOCKET OR TOUCH ANY CONTROLS WHILST THIS SCREEN IS SHOWING!)
8. Wait till it countdowns to 0
9. Next you will get "Upgrading" (Do not do anything)
10. Next the screen will go away and you will see the regular Optoma MovieTime DV10 Projector screen with "READ" on the upper left corner
11. Stop playing the CD-R or CD-RW from your remote twice
12. Take out the CD-R or CD-RW
Your Optoma MovieTime DV10 Projector is now region free. Put in a DVD to test it. (No need to re-start the Optoma MovieTime DV10 Projector)
NB: If you do not stop playing the CD-R or CD-RW in step #11, then it will cycle through step #7 to step #11.